Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Poor in Spirit

Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.  Matthew 6:21

 One of the hardest truths for some people to accept is that there is absolutely nothing they can do to win their salvation.
 No matter how generous...how honest...how compassionate they are it is never enough. God is holy, and His standard is perfection. If  we think we are good enough, it simply proves our pride.
 Only when we see ourselves as God see us sinners, guilty before Him will we realize our need of a Savior.C.H. Spurgeon said, "The first link between my soul and Christ is not my goodness but my badness, not my merit but my misery, not my riches but my need."
 But the amazing thing is this: In spite of our sin, God still loves us. He loves us so much that Christ died on the cross for us. All we can do is believe and receive believe Christ died for us and by faith receive Him into our lives. No, you can't win your salvation but Christ has won it for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment